In this episode, Marishu asks the question. Are you a good parent?She share tips on how to improve your child’s self esteem.
How do we decide what good parenting is? Is it based on the individual child or a standard for how children should behave? Each child does not come with a manual on how to raise them and in the end, it is good old-fashioned common sense that saves the day. By focusing on what is important to your family and child, you can become a parent of great children.
Here are some guidelines:
- Concentrate on your child’s positive behaviour rather than negative.
- Model a healthy respectful relationship with your spouse
- Avoid yelling at your kids
- Do not threaten but rather give consequences
- Teach your child kindness and concern for others
- Allow your kids to learn lessons and stop cleaning up their messes
- Show patience, compassion and empathy for your child.
Children are a blessing and their wisdom is the gift to us parents who need to learn the true meaning of life.